Friday, November 5, 2010

Citra Fila Telis- Individual Assessment

Individual Assessment – Citra Fila Telis (3123411)


INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT Job and Responsibilities

1. Landscape Architect (Leader)


-To work on greenery, landscaping, mesh, rocks and contours

-Trees, gardens, AHD

-Making complex and natural landscape forms (

Blending grass, cliff, rocks, sand, ocean, horizon and sky naturally)

-Co-operating with Presentation Artist

-Passing of information and details regarding site (Photographs etc.)

-Giving out instructions and having discussions with the Helper when needed

-Working together with Helper to solve possible p

roblems and issues

2. Presentation Artist (Helper)

-Helping Presentation Artist with various roles

-Following instructions and directions from Leader

-Working tog

ether with Leader to solve possible problems a

nd issues

WEEK 9

On this week, I and Justin (design leader) discussed about the landscape alteration. We decided to make a challenging landscape. A landscape that looks natural on its own way rather than rigid. Our ambitious is to attempt to realistically mimic a natural site as much as possible.

At this point, we decided to move the house from Pokolbin to The terrace. It’s not exactly the terrace, but the aim is to construct a cliff by the ocean. Justin as a design leader gave some inspiration aspects to consider for a more rea

listic site.

The task:

-Manually made Rocks

- House stan

ds alone in a natural landscape.

-Rocky cliff

-Artlantis Water shader.

-Artlantis Trees, plants and trees.

-Brick drive way to house.

The terrace top view :

Some inspiration towards the landscape



This is Justin’s previously work. He showed me some ideas what to do.

The natural rocks:

The cliff example: the cliff would look something like this artificial climbing wall. The cliff and its irregularity

WEEK 10

On this week, I created basic landscape of new location for building. (Mesh, contour, AHD)





I started by this illustration which Justin guide me throughout the landscape progress.

Basically, there are 4 layers.
1. Mesh 1 (Layer of the grass)
2. Mesh 2 (Layer of the cliff)
3. Mesh 3 (Layer of the water)
4. Mesh 4 (Layer of the land)

On the progression, they are many experiments, trial and errors to get this one right. There was a possibility that I may not be able to form, but at least it nearly to there.

This picture below (progress 1)













MESH2- the Cliff progress on week 10

I constructed the elevation on plan by forming a nature and irregular characteristic of cliff. I used GDL script and rotate it become plan. In this stage, I have a problem when I rotate, the plan wasn’t change.

Next task: Find the solution how to rotate the 2dscript.

MESH 3 - the sea and MESH 4 (land below sea level)

I constructed sea and land below sea level

At this week, I just left MESH 1 (layer of the grass)

I planned to put another layer on top of cliff and create a pathway to the building.

This seems almost what I wanted, but I need to work on the natural complex landscape. The next stage is to make the cliff smoother and add boulders, stone and trees.

NEXT TASK for WEEK 11

-To create more detailed landscape of new location for building. (Trees, gardens, natural landscape forms - blending grass, cliff, rocks, sand, ocean, horizon and sky naturally)




WEEK 11

All the group members attempt to finish modeling stuff before week 13.

As the landscape leader, the task of this week:

  • · The cliff that I have done – need to be smoother for the perfection
  • · Create big rocks and boulders
  • · Make the MESH 1 (Layer of the grass) with the pathway
  • · Set the materials that to be used

1.The cliff that I have done – need to be smoother for the perfection

Well, Justin helped me on this. He showed me the way to make it smooth.

So, from the initial cliff turned to be:

From this, I allocate the house to the position that we want.

2.Create big rocks and boulders

After that, I and Justin decided to make apostles around the sea. The inspiration we got from the twelve apostles, the bondi beach, etc









The landscape is going to be the mixture of twelve apostle ideas and the boulders in Bondi beach.

At this stage, it is quite challenging to me to play around with the mesh tool and GDL script. Besides, I created the bog rock and form it. I tried to stick it and reform in different scale. I created a lot of layer and stepped them, tried and see the result until I satisfied with the nature result. And here we are, the result:

At this stage as well, we found the solution of the 2D GDL script. And the result :


3. Make the MESH 1 (Layer of the grass) with the pathway

I created new mesh for the grass and arranged the position because the grass does not cover the entire top cliff. Some of it are soil and the rest are grass. After arrange the position, I set the contour thickness to make it bouncing. And I made the pathway by cutting off the grass layer. At this stage, some failure was occurred on this stage due to the grass layer is not flat. But ended up, it looks good.

4.Set the materials that to be used

I used limestone rough for the cliff, and the big rocks set the shiny. This was not finalized yet, I need to work on the texture from Artlantis. Next task: Texturize (was helped by Lim Chze Yoon)

NEXT TASK FOR WEEK 12

-To finish all landscaping. (Detailed - with accurate "feel" - of trees, gardens, natural landscape forms - blending grass, cliff, rocks, sand, ocean, horizon and sky naturally)

-Helping Lim Chze Yoon in preparing design for analogue presentation.


Week 12

Basically, it is almost done. On this week, I need to work on the finishing which is the trees, gardens, and some touching up on the texture. The texture will be done by Lim Chze Yoon as the helper. All of these were being touched in Artlantis program.

These are the final result:


Zoom in to the house environment

Finish!

SELF-REFLEXTION

I have found that working with a group of members makes things easier because everybody does contribute and do their task consistently under the management leader order. I am satisfied with the time management that all of us had done before we started the project. Being a landscape leader, I had to come out with ideas, find the inspiration, collaborate with design leader, designing the landscape to achieve high quality work. Besides that, I had to pass the information and details regarding the landscape to the presentation artist.

Coming out to real industry to the practice, the skills that I have been learned through this assignment would be much help. The most things that I learned are the group communication within each member. Without communication and responsible consistency of each member, this group work would not be happen. However, I notice every group work always need a person to be the head. A leader manages the time constraint and a leader that decide the final decision so that it prevents misleading and miscommunication. To be a landscape leader, I learnt the way to communicate with the design leader on when I need to be guided and when I need to make a decision. Regarding the modeling, I learnt new skills from other group members. Collaboration within each member is highly visible in this group, we helped each other to solve problem, and at the same time we learnt new things.

This group has really been excited to work with and they have been responsible and roll on their task with the time management. Besides, they do not just do good, but they do better and have high expectation. They have made the time constraint easier for me by following the schedule. It’s exciting to work with such responsible members and high ability and high expectation group members

No comments:

Post a Comment